Do you experience sore, dry cracked hands? Here are a few pointers on how to combat sore hands, dry hands and cracked hands. Follow our hand care tips and your hands will start feeling better and looking better also.
Constant use of our hands throughout the day can lead to damage, and once this has happened everything we do with them can make the damage much worse. From doing the dishes to just exposing them to the elements. It can sometimes seem like the skin is never going to feel smooth again. Luckily, there are ways to help speed up the dry skin healing process. It’s easy to moisturise and rejuvenate dry, chapped hands and help skin to both look and feel healthy.
Five Handy Tips for Dealing with Cracked Fingers and Hands
- Use the correct products. The most important step is to use the correct product. Use one of our Natural Plant Based Hand Washes. Using soap can really dry out your skin, along with some Hand Washes that are full of chemicals and very harsh on your hands. Rinsing them under warm water for approximately 20 seconds as usual. Then, take care to dry them thoroughly, especially if you have cracked fingers where water can linger. After washing, apply one of our Natural Plant Based Hand Creams. The cream will replace and lock in moisture, working from the inside out to create healthier, healed skin. Continue to apply the Hand Cream throughout the day to keep your hands nourished and moisturised.
- Protect your hands from the elements to keep moisture in. When the temperatures drop, the amount of moisture the air can hold also drops – meaning very low humidity levels. Cold temperatures and low humidity rapidly deplete skin of moisture, leading to dry skin particularly on the most exposed parts of your body, like your hands. To protect your hands from the elements, keep the skin well moisturised and wear gloves. Choose one of our Hand Creams to lock in moisture that’s already there. It will prevent you from losing any more.
- Switch your Dishwashing Liquid to a natural one. As already mentioned in Our Story I had dry hands, cracked fingers and they became so painful. I started using our Plant Based Natural Dishwashing Liquid and my hands changed dramatically. As you do the dishes your hands are in warm sometimes hot water and add a harsh dishwashing liquid in the mix and your hands are so exposed to drying out and become cracked and painful. Our lovely gentle Dishwashing Liquid is Plant Based and very kind on hands. Remember after doing the dishes, dry your hands throughly and apply one of our Plant Based Natural Hand Creams.
- Protect from harsh cleaning agents. If you have very dry skin on your hands, or you’re suffering with painful, cracked fingertips, be careful how you use your hands. Some everyday activities like cleaning the house can actually make dry skin worse. Cleaning products and other common household items can dry the skin out more, or cause painful stinging. So, when you clean, be sure to wear rubber gloves to protect your skin and prevent irritation from harsh cleaning products.
- Moisturise overnight. If you have very dry hands or cracked skin, then I recommend moisturising your hands just before you go to sleep at night. Use one of our Plant Based Natural Hand Creams it will give your hands time to absorb the cream while being uninterrupted. You can also put on a pair of cotton gloves to help seal in the moisture. In the morning, your hands should already feel softer!